The Internet is one of the most powerful and transformative technologies in human history. It has enabled unprecedented access to information, education, communication, entertainment, and innovation. However, not everyone can enjoy the benefits of the Internet. According to the International Telecommunication Union, about 3.7 billion people, or half of the world’s population, are still offline. Most of these people live in developing countries, rural areas, or remote regions, where the traditional telecom infrastructure is either unavailable, unreliable, or unaffordable.
This is where the World Mobile Token (WMT) comes in. WMT is a utility token that powers the World Mobile network, a decentralized mobile network that aims to connect the unconnected and bank the unbanked. The World Mobile network is built on a novel combination of proven technologies, such as mesh networking, hybrid spectrum, renewable energy, and blockchain. The World Mobile network is owned and operated by its users, who can earn rewards by providing telco services to others.
In this article, we will explain how the World Mobile Token creates a new level of connectivity for everyone, everywhere. We will also explore the features, benefits, and challenges of the World Mobile network and its token.
What is the World Mobile Token?
The World Mobile Token (WMT) is a native asset on the Cardano blockchain, which is a third-generation blockchain platform that offers scalability, security, and sustainability. WMT is used to incentivize both token holders who want to support the operation of the network by delegating their WMT stake to a node operator (stakers), as well as node operators who run their own nodes and provide telco services to customers (earners).
The World Mobile network consists of four types of nodes:
Each node has a different role and function in the network:
|Node Type||Description||Operators’ Earnings|
|EarthNodes||Nodes that process transactions and services on the blockchain. Similar to validators or miners on other blockchains.||EarthNode operators and stakers earn WMT for securing and maintaining the network.|
|AirNodes||Nodes that provide connectivity to customers using wireless technology. Similar to mobile towers or hotspots on other networks.||AirNode operators earn WMT for every customer that connects to their node and uses their services.|
|AetherNodes||Nodes that connect the last mile between legacy infrastructure and the World Mobile network. Similar to routers or gateways on other networks.||AetherNode operators earn WMT for every transaction that passes through their node.|
|BridgeNodes||Nodes that connect different blockchains and networks with the World Mobile network. Similar to bridges or oracles on other networks.||BridgeNode operators earn WMT for every cross-chain or cross-network transaction that they facilitate.|
The World Mobile Token has a fixed supply of 2 billion tokens, which will be distributed as follows:
- 40% (800 million tokens) will be allocated to the public sale
- 20% (400 million tokens) will be allocated to the team and advisors
- 20% (400 million tokens) will be allocated to the foundation
- 10% (200 million tokens) will be allocated to the ecosystem
- 10% (200 million tokens) will be allocated to the treasury
The price of WMT will be determined by market forces of supply and demand. However, the World Mobile team has set a target price of $0.2 per token for the public sale. This means that the total market cap of WMT at launch will be $400 million.
How Does the World Mobile Token Create a New Level of Connectivity?
The World Mobile Token creates a new level of connectivity by enabling a revolutionary business model that substantially reduces capital expenditure (CAPEX) and operational expenditure (OPEX) for building and running a mobile network.
Traditionally, mobile networks require huge upfront investments in infrastructure, such as towers, cables, satellites, licenses, etc., as well as ongoing costs in maintenance, energy, personnel, etc. These costs make it difficult or impossible for mobile operators to reach underserved or unserved areas, where the return on investment is low or negative.
The World Mobile network solves this problem by using a combination of proven technologies that lower CAPEX and OPEX, such as:
- Mesh networking: This is a network topology that allows nodes to connect directly with each other without relying on a central server or authority. This reduces the need for expensive infrastructure and increases the resilience and scalability of the network.
- Hybrid spectrum: This is a spectrum allocation strategy that allows nodes to use both licensed and unlicensed spectrum bands. This reduces the need for costly spectrum licenses and increases the availability and efficiency of the spectrum.
- Renewable energy: This is a source of energy that is derived from natural resources, such as solar, wind, hydro, etc. This reduces the need for fossil fuels and increases the sustainability and affordability of energy.
- Blockchain: This is a distributed ledger technology that allows nodes to store and verify transactions and data in a secure and transparent way. This reduces the need for intermediaries and increases the trust and privacy of the network.
By using these technologies, the World Mobile network can be deployed and operated at a fraction of the cost of traditional mobile networks. Moreover, by sharing the costs and ownership of the network with its users, the World Mobile network can create a sustainable and inclusive network that benefits everyone.
The World Mobile Token is the key to enabling this sharing economy model. By using WMT, users can participate in the network in various ways, such as:
- Customers: Customers are users who pay for calls, texts, and data using local currency or WMT. They can access affordable and reliable connectivity from any node on the network.
- Stakers: Stakers are users who stake their WMT to node operators to support the operation of the network. They can earn rewards from the network revenue that is used to purchase WMT from open markets.
- Earners: Earners are users who run their own nodes and provide telco services to customers. They can earn rewards from the customers who use their services, as well as from the stakers who delegate their WMT to them.
- Developers: Developers are users who create applications and services that run on the World Mobile network. They can earn revenue from the customers who use their applications and services, as well as from the ecosystem fund that is used to support innovation.
By using WMT, users can not only enjoy connectivity, but also economic freedom and data protection. Having a digital ID on the World Mobile network will create access to online banking, microcredit loans, healthcare, education, and more. Having a decentralized network will ensure total privacy and security for users’ data and transactions.
What are the Features, Benefits, and Challenges of the World Mobile Network and its Token?
The World Mobile network and its token have several features, benefits, and challenges that make them unique and innovative. Here are some of them:
- Decentralized: The World Mobile network is decentralized, meaning that it is not controlled by any central authority or intermediary. Instead, it is run by its users, who own and operate their own nodes. This makes the network more resilient, scalable, and democratic.
- Hybrid: The World Mobile network is hybrid, meaning that it uses both blockchain and non-blockchain technologies to achieve its goals. For example, it uses mesh networking for connectivity, hybrid spectrum for spectrum allocation, renewable energy for power supply, and blockchain for data management. This makes the network more flexible, efficient, and sustainable.
- Inclusive: The World Mobile network is inclusive, meaning that it aims to connect everyone, everywhere. It targets underserved or unserved areas where traditional mobile networks cannot reach or afford. It also offers affordable and accessible services to customers who may not have access to bank accounts or credit cards. This makes the network more equitable, empowering, and impactful.
- Connectivity: The World Mobile network provides connectivity to customers who may not have access to it otherwise. It enables them to communicate with their friends and family, access information and education, participate in social and economic activities, and more.
- Rewards: The World Mobile network rewards its users for participating in the network. It allows them to earn income by providing telco services to others or by staking their tokens to node operators. It also allows them to save money by paying for services with local currency or tokens.
- Privacy: The World Mobile Network protects its users’ privacy by using blockchain technology. It ensures that users’ data and transactions are encrypted, stored on a distributed ledger, and verified by a network of nodes. It also allows users to have a digital ID that can be used to access online services without revealing their personal information.
- Adoption: The World Mobile network faces the challenge of convincing users to adopt its network and token. It needs to overcome the barriers of awareness, trust, and education that may prevent users from switching from traditional mobile networks or payment methods. It also needs to compete with other existing or emerging solutions that may offer similar or better services.
- Regulation: The World Mobile network faces the challenge of complying with the regulations and laws of different countries and regions where it operates. It needs to obtain the necessary licenses and permits to use the spectrum, operate the nodes, and offer the services. It also needs to abide by the rules and standards of data protection, consumer protection, anti-money laundering, and counter-terrorism financing.
- Technology: The World Mobile network faces the challenge of developing and maintaining its technology. It needs to ensure that its network is secure, reliable, and scalable. It also needs to keep up with the innovation and evolution of blockchain and telco technologies.
How to Buy World Mobile Token?
To buy World Mobile Token (WMT) or any other token, you’ll need to follow these steps:
Step 1: Set up an account on a cryptocurrency exchange
Start by creating an account on a cryptocurrency exchange that operates in your country. This will allow you to convert your fiat currency (like USD or GBP) into cryptocurrencies.
Step 2: Choose a centralized exchange (CEX)
For first-time WMT buyers, it’s often easiest to use a centralized exchange. These platforms handle trading and token storage on your behalf. Some popular centralized exchanges where you can buy WMT include KuCoin, Huobi, MEXC, Bitrue, BitMart, and ZB.
Step 3: Purchase WMT on a centralized exchange
Once you’ve registered on a centralized exchange, you’ll need to go through any required identity verification and compliance procedures. After that, you can transfer funds from your bank account or make a card payment on the exchange. Use your funds to buy USDT (Tether) and then exchange it for WMT at the current exchange rate against your fiat currency. The purchased WMT will be stored in a custodial wallet managed by the exchange.
Alternatively, if your chosen exchange doesn’t support WMT, you can buy other tokens supported by that exchange and then transfer them to another exchange that offers WMT trading.
Step 4: Consider decentralized exchanges (DEX) for experienced users:
If you’re comfortable with crypto trading and wallets, you may prefer to use a decentralized exchange (DEX) to exchange your tokens for WMT. DEXes operate via smart contracts, and transactions occur on the blockchain. Some decentralized exchanges that list WMT include SundaeSwap, MuesliSwap, Minswap, MilkySwap, and WingRiders. On a DEX, you’ll trade tokens directly, without involving fiat currency.
Step 5: Choose the right wallet:
After acquiring WMT, you’ll need a compatible wallet to store and manage your tokens. If you bought WMT on a decentralized exchange, you may already have a supported wallet. However, if you acquired WMT from a centralized exchange, it’s recommended to create a Cardano wallet since WMT is a Cardano Native Token. Wallets compatible with WMT include Daedalus, Yoroi, AdaLite, Nami, GeroWallet, Eternl, and Flint. Read Different Types Of Crypto Wallets – Explained.
By following these steps, you can purchase WMT using fiat currency and store it in a compatible wallet to begin earning rewards and enjoying the benefits of the token.
Based on the information provided, we strongly recommend considering the World Mobile Token (WMT) as a valuable utility token. It plays a crucial role in powering the World Mobile network, which is specially designed to address the problem of limited internet access in underserved areas. The World Mobile network uses smart ways like mesh networking, hybrid spectrum, renewable energy, and blockchain technology to connect people who currently don’t have access to the internet. By using these technologies, the World Mobile network aims to bridge the gap and provide important communication services to those who need them. So, it’s worth exploring the potential of the World Mobile Token and its associated network.